- Lots of people like the idea - both for the project and for the opportunity to try different yarns before committing.
- Some folk don't need it and are perfectly happy to buy without feeling up the yarn first - and thank goodness, or an online yarn business would not be possible!
- There is interest in more colour choice - it would certainly be possible to do say... warm colours, cool colours, neutrals, as well as a mix like the prototype. I would list each pack with a photo of the actual mini-skeins, so you'd know exactly what you were getting.
- There also seems to be significant interest in sample packs of different colours of the same yarn, chosen for their compatibility in a project - also an idea I had toyed with, and totally do-able.
- Feasibility? Admittedly, my creative ambitions have soared past the bounds of reality at times, so the caveat will be that the packs go up as they go up. No reservations or self-imposed deadlines (because those things are a direct signal to the Universe for somebody to break something, or fall ill, or schedule a surprise committment. Seriously - it's downright spooky.) I am learning (at times painfully) that a simple, linear system of "dye it, upload it, put it in the mail when it sells" is the way to go.
So... the concept is a go... but since Rob does 99% of the skeining around here (he had to laugh at the comments that asked if *I* would find it too much work) and is at the sliding track 14 hours a day for the next couple of weeks, the first packs likely won't go up until after that. (On a related note, this week's update will be going up Friday instead of Thursday, which is almost over now, in any case.)